University Residencies for Composition Students
Preparing Today’s Composition Students for their Future Careers.
In addition to composing, today’s young composers need essential skills in order to succeed in the professional world: they need to serve as their own marketer, website designer, publisher, grant writer, and office manager. My residencies combine aspects of a traditional college visit with workshops aimed to help composers prepare for the professional world.
• I am available for 1-3 day residencies at universities and colleges. Depending on the length of my residence, I can expand or shorten the amount of activities offered.
• For all residencies, I can teach 1-on-1 or small group lessons for composition students, as well as to give presentations of my music.
• I have designed a series of composer-specific workshops that help students build these skills while they’re in school, so that they can be prepared to transition into running a professional career when they graduate. Click on Packages #1 and #2 to see what each offers.
• Either package can be combined with performances of my works by university ensembles or student groups, for which I can do coaching sessions.
• Pricing will depend on the number of workshops, lessons, and coachings chosen, as well as the total number of days. For rates, please email me.